HCS Currently In Phase 4 of Gradual & Staggered Return
In the Henry County Schools Return-to-School Playbooks, you will find important information about how our district is responding to Keep Henry Healthy and safe during the COVID-19 pandemic. With student and staff safety foremost in our planning, we have developed plans to bring our students back to in-person learning by working with the Department of Public Health, the GADOE, and other community officials to ensure that our buildings are as safe as possible, our staff is fully trained, and our students are provided with every opportunity to learn thorugh a hybrid learning model. This hybrid model ensure access to quality instruction whether in a school building or through remote learning. The core business of Henry County Schools is STUDENT LEARNING, and the Henry County Board of Education is committed to ensuring every student has access to a high-quality education.
5.4.21 - Board of Education Makes Adjustments to COVID-19 Protocols
Mitigation adjustments follow latest updates from state government and health officials
HENRY COUNTY, GA – The Henry County Board of Education took action during a special called board meeting on Monday, May 3 to make updates to the district’s COVID-19 protocols on the heels of recent actions and recommendations made by state government and health officials.
Superintendent Mary Elizabeth Davis provided a list of updates to board members which included the following:
- Increased seating capacity of outdoor events from 33 percent to 50 percent.
- Increased seating capacity of indoor events from 25 percent to 33 percent.
- Opening of community use of the Performing Arts Center at Fairview, as well as the Performing Arts Center at McDonough once its renovation is complete.
- Opening of community use of facilities rentals for outdoor spaces at all school campuses.
- Opening of school-sponsored summer camps for on-campus operations.
- Masks will be optional for all outdoor spaces and activities, including graduation ceremonies for the Class of 2021.
The Plan to Return to On-Campus Learning
Due to the current health crisis situation, information contained on this site is subject to change as more information becomes available. Planning and decision making is an ongoing process and this site is one way that we are keeping you informed about the latest modifications and adaptations to the operations of this district. As always, the safety of our students and their families, our staff and our community, is a top priority as we navigate this uncertain time with confidence and care.